Having small business which you want to promote locally? But not having high budget to spend on online marketing? The Internet is constantly getting more and more competitive and high, nowadays local organic search engine keyword rankings are harder to achieve because of lots competition. But for the many small businesses that target their local markets or limited market the most relevant forms of traffic or users come from local searches.
Let’s have look on few SEO tips which will defiantly helpful a lot for your local businesses. Here I am going to give one really good example, I’ll refer here Empire cake shop from New York City. See below attached screen shot.
1. Website Optimization: Develop website on your business name. If your business name is not available then you can add city name with your business name for e.g. Empirecakenyc.com, Empirecakenewyork.com. Write related Title, description for all pages of website. At least create 5-6 web pages for e.g. Menu page, Operating Timing page, Reviews page, Gallery page, About us, Contact us etc.
2. Google Map Listing: Add your location and other business information here Google Map listing. You can add your business operating timing, menu card, image gallery, payment mode, parking information, services etc. Google provides this service at free of cost. You have to verify your business place via call or postcard.
3. Google Plus Page: Add your Google plus page for your business. Add as many information you can in your Google+ page this information will publish on search engine result page for e.g. Address, contact information, pricing, operating hours, user reviews ratings etc. Just take a look on attached screen shot.
4. Local Listings: Add your business information on top local listing sites. You can submit your business in Urbanspoon, Yelp, Yellowbook, YP, Foursquare, MenuPages local listing sites etc. Many sites provide local listing at free of cost or some with nominal cost.
5. Social Media Pages: Social media pages are most important for your local business. These pages play very notable role in your local business visibility and in your brand promotions. You can develop Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram pages etc. Regularly update your social media pages and always interact with users.
6. User Reviews: User reviews are always very important for your business. User reviews helpful a lot to build and improve your business visibility in local search results page and always encourage to your users to give feedback about your services. You can refer TripAdvisor for good or bad user reviews..